Friday, June 5, 2009

Lots and Lots of Stuff... And a Dare!!!

OK... here is the skinny... or in my case... the fluffy!(LOL) There is a new SHIMMERZ DARE weekly challenge... I am SO on board for this! I check it out this week and it was to make a frame... so here is mine and here is what I did. I went to the local thrift store and found this frame for 15 cents. Then I bought a HUGE box of silk flowers for $1. I had the prima leaves and well... I had the kid laying around too and got an old picture of her and here is the result! I painted the flowers and the leaves with SHIMMERZ. I also painted the red and white squares with SHIMMERZ also. I arranged the leaves and flowers on my freshly SHIMMERD frame PRESTO!!! The pic is not great but I will get batteries for the camera tomorrow and be back on track!

***ANNOUNCEMENTS***
DRS DESIGNS is having another new release! As a DT member... we have to make cards with the new stamps and I gotta tell you... I had a hard time stopping! Check back here for some sneaky peeks June 8th from the other DRS DT members... and the release is June 13th.
TRUST ME... you DO NOT want to miss this one!
PAPER MAKEUP is previewing all of the new releases this week before the release party on the 7th. Please check out the blog for monster day tomorrow! I LOVE the Paper Makeup monsters and this new batch is no exception!!! SO scoot on over and check them out!
IS are having a Tim Holtz challenge for the next week. You can use ANY Tim Holtz product or if you don't have any Tim Holtz products, you can make something inspired by Tim Holtz. The prizes offered are $25 spending spree in the store and would you believe it, a SIGNED Tim Holtz piece. Check the blog for details!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

This frame holds a lot of marit...it's maritoriously fabulous!! Seriously, you should win a marit badge! Awesome frame, Dawn...why isn't anyone else commenting?

Anonymous said...

What a beautful Frame. Ave is turning into such a lovely "not so" litte girl. you sould be so proud of both your work and Ava!

I am enjoying the stamp set I bought from you. I hope you liked the card I sent you! :)
Elizabeth

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous frame!!

gale said...

Wow you really transformed that frame!! I love it-the flowers look gorgeous.

Tlbran said...

Great job altering a frame! I love the colors you used and those flowers are gorgeous! The picture is hilarious! Looks like she is peeking out of the frame

Anonymous said...

Your frame is adorable and so is your little girl!

Naomi said...

Wow! I need to do this for my girls! And what a bargain you got on the frame!!! I love altering! Pretty!