Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beautiful Bountiful Butterflies...Featuring DRS!



I made this card today using the DRS butterfly stamps (I used number C119 and D117). I said bountiful in my post title because DRS certainly does have tons of butterfly stamps. Main images, ribbon slides, butterfly sayings, butterfly backgrounds and even butterfly card edgers! If you love butterflies, DRS is the place for you!
And I have to give credit to my gal Heather Reppen for this sketch. I totally cased it from her and it worked out awesome for this card! So thanks, Heather... You are awesome!!!
I used my gamsol and colored pencils for the coloring and added gel and glitter pens for the details. I used the bubble easy background for the background dots and I love the dimension that it adds...not to much... just enough! I had this awesome matching ribbon and added dew drops to accent the shape of the circle. For the inside, I used the Butterfly quote from Hans Christian Anderson on the inside. It is one of my favorites and I know that you will love it too! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you enjoyed the bountiful butterflies from DRS and please go and check them out!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Dawn!! You know I love butterflies! And, the fabulous word to describe your card is bramisse!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the coloring and the ribbon is cute.

CathyRose said...

Love the butterflies, beautiful card!

gale said...

Beautiful!! Love the green and orange together-perfect for a butterfly card.

Tlbran said...

Beautiful! I love the soft colors you used and great layout for it!

Naomi said...

Awesome!!! Love the white dots around the orange CS. These butterflies are beautiful! Great layout!