Monday, June 1, 2009

Whoever Said "The Lazy Days of Summer" Was a Big Fat Liar!




Swim lessons, ballet,Gymboree and add to that lunch and sleep!!! Yikes... I am busier in the summer than EVER!!! but I love it... and I still make time to stamp! DRS Designs and Paper Makeup both Have Challenges on Monday so here are my cards for them.
For the DRS card, I stamped the vine background on craft paper. Then I stamped the flowers in the corners and I colored them with colored pencils and gamsol and added a little bit of SHIMMERZ to the leaves. I stamped the sentiment and used a nestie to cut it out.
I really love the way this turned out and the other DT members did an awesome job with this Challenge...
Check it out here.
For Paper Makeup's Challenge... we were to use an inspiration card that was a spiral pop up. We could really let our creativity co with this one and use whatever inspired us. I Chose to so the spiral pop up technique and I used Dustin Pikes dino's to do just that! I colored them with Gamsol and colored pencils and added my Fave SHIMMERZ because really... what is a card without SHIMMERZ??? So here is the inside and the outside of that card!!! PHEW!!! Well... I gotta go and get my marathon started... Have a great day Y'all and PLEASE make time to stamp!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, the ressa of your cards are just awesome!! Seriously, I laughed out loud at your pop-up card...it's adorable!!

Tlbran said...

Sounds like a busy day! The 1st card is great. I love the background stamp and how versatile you have shown it to be! Great colors! The dinosaur card is hilarious! I love the inside and the dinosaur on the outside is so cute and innocent looking!

Anonymous said...

The dinosaur card is super cute. I really like the other one too.

The Mama Monkey said...

I still have one week left of "peace and quiet" at home before the little monsters are home for summer! LOL

I love the dino card! LOL Too funny having the T-rex go after his lunch!

gale said...

Cute stamps and card. Love the popup middle!!

Anonymous said...

awsome, awsome, the dino card, is killer, and the inside is the bomb, wow!!!!!!