Monday, June 8, 2009

DRS SNEAK PEEKS!!! Release Date Will be...

June 13th!!! Yeah... a whole brand new batch of rubber goodness from the fine folks at DRS! I love this latest release because there are some fun... well... cute and ... OHHHH... I am NOT tellin'! BUT... here is one of the new stamps. I love horses and I made this card to look rustic. I think if you changed the colors, you could suit this card for a man or a woman. Versatility is a wonderful things when buying stamps! I embossed the horse with gold detail EP and cut it out with a nestie. Then I stamped the brown paper with the easy background stamp to make it look weathered and rustic.I crinkled up a piece of brown paper and sanded it and inked it to make it look rustic and mounted the horse and the background to it. I mounted the whole thing on brown paper and added the flourishes in the corner and painted them with SHIMMERZ for depth and sparkle. I finished this off with the gold dots on the black paper and here is my card! Please stay tuned to my blog and the other DRS DT members because there will be alot of sneak peeks and beginning the 11th, there will be a blog hop with prizes on Saturday the 13th! Thanks for checking in and STAY TUNED!!!

8 comments:

gale said...

Beautiful card! Love the gold embossing-looks very elegant.

Naomi said...

Very masculine! This image is absolutely gorgeous! I love the outline of the horse as opposed to a more solid image. The embossing really sets if off. And I love the background treatment! This one's perfect!

Jennifer E. said...

This card is beautiful! I love the gold embossing & the background you created for this card! TFS!

Samantha said...

Great card Dawn! I love the dramitic gold horse. Awesome!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very pretty. So elegant looking! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Dawn, this is just gorgeous!! I love the embossed gold!! :) Awesome!

dawnmercedes said...

what a singularly novel look!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful! I love the horse in gold! What a fabulous idea!