Thursday, June 11, 2009

DRS BLOG HOP!!! PRIZES, NEW RELEASES AND A PONY!

OK...so maybe no pony... but we do have the other things!
There is a DRS new releases this Saturday and if you have come to me on accident, then go to Vicki's blog not to miss a moment of DRS new release goodness. If you are coming from Vicki's blog the next stop after me will be... My fantastically talented stamping friend, Heather! For this card, I colored the new golf sentiment with copics and SHIMMERZ for the green.In case you can't see... in the letters there are golfing images... G has grass, O has golf balls, L has flags and F has tees. How cute is that? I used DRS's easy background stamps... grass and stars. I made this card a triple shutter card and inside I used a great golf sentiment... and I really like how this turned out!
I added some ribbon on the final panel that I threaded Through some eyelets. This card was fun to make and I am sure that this will excite any golfer on your card list!!!

Now about those prizes! The drawing for the blog candy will take place 7 AM, Saturday June 13th. The candy will be given away from comments left on the blog post for Thursday through drawing time on Saturday!


SOOO, make sure you spread the word, leave some love
on the blog and for the designers and hang on to yourwallets... cus these new stamps are CUUUUUTE!!!

Next stop is Heather... Check her out and leave her some
LOVE! Thanks Y'all... have a great day!

27 comments:

Deb said...

SO fun! I haven't tried this shutter card design, and I really want to! It looks great with these images! I love that you combined them w/ the star background!

Stef H said...

OMGawd! this is awesome!

hugs,

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Awesome card, Dawn! I just love the design! Great job :)

Jessica G. said...

Such an impressive fold technique and perfect way to showcase so many great images! Fun colors on your golf image!!

Heather said...

Great card!! Love that fold!

Cathy Rulli said...

Fun card, Dawn!

Samantha said...

Very cool! Love it!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the designs on the bg papers! So perfect for the theme! Hole in One!

Jennifer E. said...

What a fun card Dawn! I love the design you picked to show off this image!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love the card. I have yet to make one like this, but I like it a lot!

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous Dawn!
Love the zany decorated Golf word!
Blessings, Maria

Nancy said...

Not to be sarke or anything, but this card just gets me!! Just kidding (you try incorporating that word!) I love the golf card!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Love the shutter fold! It's just so fun! My grandfather would have loved this card as he was a DIE-HARD golfer! Cute cute!

Joann said...

Love the golf theme and great card.

Jacilynn said...

Gorgeous! I love this. Great job

decp8nter said...

What a unique way to use the golf image. That fold looks like fun!

maiahs_momma said...

great card idea :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

dawnmercedes said...

I have beening thinking that I need to make another one of these cards. Great job.

Jackie Randolph said...

What a fun card! I am really liking this stamp!

Ryann said...

ooh very cool card! i think it turned out awesome!

Lyneen said...

your card really pops with the way you cut the card stock... I LOVE IT!

slbt17 said...

nice job with the card - I have been contemplating how to fill the rectangles and make it look unified - you have done it very nicely!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!!! DAWN!! I just LOVE your tri-shutter card!! What a really fabulous idea girl!! :) It looks so cool with the golf image!!

Banu said...

Very nice design, and goes very well with the stamp set.

-Agnes- said...

The folding variation is very impressive - great card to give to a man!

Unknown said...

Love the GOLF sent. and the way you folded the card is too cool!

Anonymous said...

Great card. I love the fancy fold.