Tuesday, June 9, 2009

High Hopes Stamps,a Color Challenge & Whip it out Wednesdays!

Well... I thought I would start a new idea on Wednesdays
called "Whip it out Wednesdays." I want to Whip out a stamp set or stamps that I have never used or have not used in a long time and make something with them. Don't we all have those stamps that we buy and just don't seem to get around to using. Well, that is what Wednesdays are for! I whipped out these darling stamps from High Hopes. I had 'em in a drawer and here they are... on my card! I used SCS color challenge 221 and this really cute folded flap card. The colors were riding hood red, kiwi kiss and tangerine tango. As much as I loved the in colors this year... I CANNOT wait for the new ones!!! I showed 3 photos so that you could see how cute this card is, it was really easy to make
and I LOVE fun folds, so this was right up my alley!
It was SOOO easy to make this card and do all of the scoring with my awesome Scor-Pal! I used gamsol and faber castel pencils to color these darling images and then I added
SHIMMERZ because... I LOVE that stuff! I tied the card closed with the Kiwi Kiss and Vanilla ribbon from SU.
On the inside of this card, I used this super cute octopus and added SHIMMERZ to him too! For the front flap of the card, I used a SU set from the mini and the scallop oval punch! Love that punch... perfect size for sentiments and makes layering a BREEZE!
I used a pop dot to raise it up and there is my card.
If you want to Whip out any old stamp sets and
show them some love, please link your creation here so we can all oogle it. If this catches on... we can have a Whip it out Wednesday showcase as well! thanks for stopping by and get ready,get set...WHIP IT OUT!



6 comments:

Nancy said...

Whip it Wednesday is an oreifin idea!! Love it!! This card is super duper cute, and I love this image...when are you going to share??? Just kidding! Awesome job!!

Jennifer E. said...

What a neat card! I love the colors & that adorable little fish!

Anonymous said...

So cute! That goldfish is too stinkin cute! :)

1crazyjoe said...

Niiice card!!!

We are a bit wacky in our very own cushy rubberroom up here in Canada!!

www.6wackywomen.blogspot.com

Crazy Joe

Bren said...

How adorable. Dawn can you send me your snail mail address. I have your art share done. Brenda

brencrafty@gmail.com

Naomi said...

Super Neat! I love how this opens up! Very unique, I have never seen that fold!