Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Horatio in a Pink Pocket!!!

Another day, another challenge! I made this super cute
pocket card for the challenge for the Stampin' for the Weekend blog. It was to make a pocket card. I found this really cute idea and I knew that Baby Horatio from Paper Makeup was perfect for this! I wanted to make her pink because I LOVE pink! Pink and kraft paper together is yummy! I used my copic markers to color her in and she is so soft and sweet and sleepy! My friend Nancy did the same card style and you can see my cards "twin" here! Our daughters were at Gymboree and we got some stamp time, free of "helpers!"

On the inside of this card, I embossed pink flourishes and on the card, I added little flowers and some gems to match her sparkly cloud! I used Shimmerz on the cloud and I LOVE the effect that it has! Some clouds have a silver lining and this cloud IS a gold lining all over the place! I used the SU tab punch and a cute little rub on for the words. Then, I used the glitter pen to add the dots for some more sparkle! So check out the challenge when you can and play along!


Paper Makeup is sponsoring this weeks challenge and you have a chance at a fun and fabby prize! Thanks for stopping by!!!

15 comments:

Vicki said...

oh gosh, Dawn this is so sweet, lovely the subtle colours and what a fabulous design. I love the pink florishes on the inside and the cloud looks so pretty and twinkly. Thank you for taking part with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to play along with our future challenges too xx vicki xx

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Dawn, your image is so sweet and sparkly and your stitched detail so pretty with your beautiful embossed paper.
So pleased Nancy and yourself had some "free of helpers" time at Gymboree.
Thank you for joining us at "Stampin´for the Weekend", good luck and we hope you'll join us again next week too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Christi Flores said...

OMG how sweet!!! I am SO going to CASE this!!!

crafty amy said...

Hiya Dawn,
Brilliant and super cute card I love the shimmery cloud and the embossing inside :)
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Kimmi said...

This image is so sweet! And I have to agree she does look all dreamy and snuggled up so well! Gorgeous layout and I love the papers. Brilliant way to tie your project together! I love the way little Horatio pops up is fab!

Thank you for joining us this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun making your project card and that we see you for many more challenges in the future!

Kimmi

Kim said...

Oh Dawn, that is so precious. Congrats on all your good news too - WOW!

gale said...

That's soo cute!! What a neat idea!

CraftyC said...

This really is precious Dawn. I just love all the pink and that image is so cute. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Dawn:O) Love the layout and beautiful colours. The image is adorable, I love the sparkly cloud.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Pop's Cards said...

AWww what a super cute image wants to be cuddled lol...

I love the sentiment to, and all the little swirls around the edges, gorgeous...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW, Good luck hugs Pops x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pocket card, Dawn! The image is adorable and this is a great colour combo. I love the ribbon and the cute sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck, we hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Donna said...

Oh Dawn this is a beautiful pocket card, and baby horatio looks so sweet laying there. Love how you've tied it closed with a lovely pink ribbon too.
Thank you so much for participating in our challenge this week.
hugs
Donna xx

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so cute! Love that image! And the colors you chose are sweet for the occasion!

Jen said...

This is so cute! Gorgeous colours and I love the layout.
Thanks for joining the SFTW challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Ida / Little said...

How cute, the little devil angel is so cool!! :) The colors you have worked with are gorgeous! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin for the Weekend for this challenge and hope you will join us again tomorrow :)

Hugs Ida