Sunday, October 26, 2008

DRS Designs Challenge Monday!



This time it is a sketch! Go to the DRS Designs blog and check it out! I used on of the easy backgrounds (the small flowers) to make the "patterned paper" and I colored the flowers with copic markers and dotted the center of each with a silver gel pen.(I love that I can make any color patterned paper with the easy backgrounds from DRS. Be sure to check them out!) I stamped this sentiment, one of my favorites, and then mounted it on the green paper. I added the primas as a fun embellishment and held them together with a flower brad in matching colors. To tie all of my dots together... I added the green dotted ribbon at the bottom.

I hope that you will check out the DRS Design blog and play along with the challenge. There is no time limit and you can use any stamps you have! Be sure to leave a link to your card on the blog, or here and please upload to splitcoaststampers.com using the keyword DRSC7. Thanks for looking and playing along! Have a Happy Monday!

10 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the colors! Oh my...what a cool homemade background! Lots of work with coloring it all, and it looks spectacular!

Heather said...

Cute card Dawn!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

What a pretty card & beautiful sentiment! Great colors!

fishlips said...

This is so so pretty, I just love the flowers and the sentiment is perfect... what a totally stunning card!!!

Tlbran said...

Great card! I really like the background you created and I agree that saying is great.

Heather said...

Cute card!! I love the colors!!

gale said...

Very cute card. I thought that was a patterned paper background!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Love your colors and your flower is just gorgeous!! TFS!! :)

Naomi said...

Wow, so colorful, I love the colors. That sentiment rocks, wish I had that stamp...guess I could type it out, huh? Looks great. You are an awesome stamper!

Amber (bambi64) said...

Very pretty card. Love the sketch. will have to check out the site later on when I have time.