Friday, October 24, 2008

Shimmery Fall Card Challenge


I made this card for a challenge over at Mothers and Daughters creations! We were asked to make a Shimmery fall card. We could used anything for the shimmer and I chose Twinkling H2o's. These are shimmery water color cakes that you mist with water to activate them, and they are GORGEOUS! They come in a huge variety of colors and are easy to use because you don't have to worry about them spilling...and with a 4 year old darling at home, I worry about EVERYTHING spilling!!!(LOL)
I stamped the leaf and pumpkin images with versamark and embossed them with a gold glitter EP. Then, I colored them with a water color brush and the Twinkling H2O's. The gold EP is soooo pretty and I hate that you can't see it here... it looks like a hologram because when different light hits it, it changes color... and it had a slight amount of glitter! What could be better!!!
I cut out the leaves and the pumpkin and arranged them in a pleasing manner on the front of the card. Next I punched the black and yellow card stock and stamped the sentiment on it.I had to add more sparkles and shimmers on the scallop circles with glitter pens! I pierced the edge around the card and then I adhered it to the black and then put the whole thing on the card front. For the finishing touch, I tied a piece of organdy ribbon around the card and there it is... My shimmery fall card! I hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you are enjoying fall and all of the shimmer and sparkle in a crisp fall afternoon!




10 comments:

gale said...

Gorgeous card! I love Twinkling H2O's. I don't use mine enough.

The Mama Monkey said...

Very pretty and I bet it looks even more spectacular IRL.

I don't have Twinkling H20s! Dear Santa...I have been good this year...

fishlips said...

Your fall card is amazing, I just love your layout, your leafs and pumpkin are so perfect!!!

Mc Allen said...

awww, this is so cute, great job!! Love the creativity, L A

Traci said...

Beautiful card! I am definately going to have to invest in those H2O's. They looks so pretty! I like how you arranged everything on the card.

Louise, that's me!! said...

Love the colours, very autumny.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome card for Thanksgiving. Wonderful sentiment.

Mothers and Daughters Creations said...

Very lovely - thanks so much for playing our challenge!!

Vicki said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the scalloped circle with the sentiment inside!! The shiny leaves are a perfect touch!! :) TFS!

Naomi said...

Wow, I have never used these, but they are sparkly! This card is beautiful, and you have inspired me on the H2O's. I have a 2 and 4 year old at home, so I never even stamp till bedtime, cause they are always into something! This is so pretty!