Monday, August 4, 2008

DRS Design Challenge


INCHIES!!!
I created this for the DRS Design Challenge. I used the stamps C685 and G663 From DRS Designs.
I sponged a piece of 2 x 3 inch paper with purple and green inks to create the background. Then I stamped the tree image and cut it into 1 inch squares. I layered the mosiac image on the lilac paper, then a small border of green and then black to really make the image pop.
The ribbon slide embellishment is a stamp... can ya believe it??? I stamped the ribbon slide stamp in versamakr and then embossed it with gold, cut it out... added the ribbon and there you go! A really affordable way to use embellishments on your projects and the best part is that you can use this embellishment over and over again because you MAKE them with the stamp!!! You can also make the ribbon slide any color you want to match your projects by embossing, watercoloring or using markers to color it! COOL, huh!!!
Well... I hope you like the outcome and that you feel inspired to make some inchies and have fun with them!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Nice card Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done Dawn!! :) Love the slider with it too!!

sideshow stamps said...

Love the sponge technique and the colors, especially the way it grows lighter to highlight the tree!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Wow, that is a pretty card! Great job (:

Cris A said...

This is very cool. I love the effect of the mosaic!

Jennifer E. said...

Great job with the inchie challenge! I love how the inchie layout makes it look like a window! WOW, until I read your card description I thought the ribbon slide was an actual embellishment, not a stamp!