Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time to Think About the NEXT Holiday...

...and it is one of my FAVES!!! I love Valentines Day! I love the colors, I love the candy hearts and I LOVE the Art Impressions Valentots! I stamped this little cutie with black Stazon onto watercolor paper. Then, I used STAEDTLER watercolor crayons to color this little darling in! I scribbled some of the crayon onto scrap paper and then I used a water brush to liquefy the color and painted her in! I added some glitter to the pom pom on her cap and here is my creation!
Where did the darling roses come from you ask... well... I MADE THEM!!! here is how! I used a push mold from STAEDTLER and some FIMO effects clay. I pushed the clay into the mold,removed it and here is my flower! The best part? I can make as many as I wan...in any color I want and I can make a whole cookie sheet of them in like 20 minutes! If you done want to by alot of clay... you can always so what i did and that is to add some extra color for dimension by scraping some STAEDTLER karat soft pastel chalks into a little pike and brushing the color onto the clay before baking it! It is a great effect and adds dimension and character super fast! i adhered them to my card with glue dots! easy peasy!Thanks so much for popping in and be sure to keep watching this page for more great creations!!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, such a sweet, sweet image and gorgeous card. Love the DP too.

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card dawn the papers and colours are so lovely and that image is beautiful, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is super cute Dawn and so happy to see that someone other than me is moving on to the next holiday. I still have my tree up for pete's sake. Lol.

Jenn Embry said...

Beautiful card. I absolutely adore those little roses.

sharon g said...

How wonderful. I hope to win some great supplies so I can make some new, cool stuff, too.