Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SISC 33 ... SPOOKALICIOUS!!! Halloween Bag in a Box

I made this super cute bag in a box using a tutorial that I found on SCS in the resource section. Super cute and so easy... easy enough to make a bunch of them for all of the little goblins and gremlins on your spooky list! I colored the Devil Doll HILDA with copic markers and I used my spooky fence punch for a little bit extra Halloween flavor... Thanks for popping in and be sure to check out the Stamp Insanity blog for all of the other gals creations...

And ... for your insane pleasure...


Traverse City State Hospital

Opened in 1885 by the state in response to overcrowding in the state's four other asylums. It was built according to the Kirkbride plan with the north wing for female patients and the south wing for male patients. The Kirkbride building still exists and is now known as Building 50. When the 20th century began, cottages were constructed on the grounds as the patient population grew. There was also a farm on the site but most of those buildings have not survived to modern times. This facility was closed in 1989 as part of the trend toward deinstutionalization of mentally ill population. After closing, the facility passed in ownership to the local government and was converted into offices, shops, a police station etc. called Grand Traverse Commons.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE this! This is such a unique style of treat bag! AWESOME!! You colored Hilda beautifully, too! AWESOME! (Cool looking asylum!!!)

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Love this treat bag - I've been wanting to try making one of these. Great shading on her hair. I always have trouble with hair!

gale said...

This is so cute-I love it. Thanks for the link-I hadn't seen that one at SCS.