Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh My Goodness... I Made SIMPLE Cards!!!


If ya know me... you know that simple cards are so not me.My cards are usually kind of over the top...a party in the envelope before the party even starts! SO, I thought that I would challenge myself...to make clean and simple cards. To me that means a few embellishments and not alot of clutter on the card... so here are my takes on that idea! For the first card i used my nesties and die cut the 2 shapes. This wonderful sentiment fir in there perfectly and the I added the butterflies. I scored the edges with my scor pal and here it is...

For this next card... I did the same thing... only different. I still die cut 2 shapes and I used another wonderful sentiment and the scor pal.

Only this time I criss crossed the background.

Where they intersected, I added a little pink glitter dot.
I used these Calla Lillie's and then... the pink bow.
So that is my take on clean and simple. I hope that you enjoyed these cards and try to do this yourself. I really enjoyed the challenge. Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps used: DRS H201... Love is Patient
DRS H809 Rememberance Keeps Them Near

4 comments:

Danni said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the first one..hehehe!

The Mama Monkey said...

Ah, ya done good! :) I agree, CAS is almost more challenging for me. I have this need to fill the space! Love the lilies!

gale said...

Well you did a great job!! I love CAS but you have to get the right balance between too plain and too much. You did it perfectly!

Naomi said...

Beautiful. Sometimes it's nice to simplify. Your lilies are to die for!!