Monday, August 31, 2009

Paper Makeup Monday Inspiration Challenge

Our Challenge was to make a card based on a cake from this website.
I chose this cake and this stamp... the Tooth Fairy...from Paper Makeup. I Love how this turned out and I tried to incorporate all of the elements from the cake to make this card. i love how the card looks and making the grid on the bottom of the card was so simple with my Scor-Pal... I have no idea how the cake people did it! I used stickles, liquid pearls and of course... SHIMMERZ! The little paper flowers on the card are my new favorite embellishment and I am really enjoying using them!
I hope you are all getting ready for our blog hop and new release sneak peeks... These are going to be awesome and I had a blast creating my cards... can't wait for you all to see the new Fairy's, word art and a new look in stamps called Moody Girls... Stay tuned to see what they are all about! Thanks for checking out my blog and go and check out the other DT members creations... those girls have MAD SKILLZ!!!(am I to old to say that???)
Anyway... Happy Monday y'all!

8 comments:

gale said...

Gorgeous!! I love how you made the heart go off the corner of the card-that looks amazing!! I swear I'm going to order some liquid pearls soon. They look so cool on cards.

Tina said...

Love the shimmer and the colors. Awesome!

Naomi said...

You nailed this cake cad!!! The bottom cross lines, and everything! The cake was phenomenal, and your card is too! Love the colors and your Shimmerz!

Katie Cotton said...

very sweet card!

The Mama Monkey said...

So darling! And to make it like the cake was amazing!! How fun is that?

Jenn Embry said...

Very pretty! I love all of the sparkle and glam. The grids on the bottom of your card are fab.

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bottom panel you made! It is so cute and works so well with the embossed top panel. Love the flowers and how shiney everything is.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! What a great job on the challenge! The grid panel is fabulous and I love all the sparkle and bling!