Monday, May 18, 2009

DRS DESIGNS Flap Card Challenge

So I made this card for the challenge over at DRS. The Challenge was to make a card with a flap. I LOVE a good challenge... so I was READY! I made a card like this with my monthly stamp club and I thought it was too good not to share it! I used a die cut and cut it leaving the fold so the card would have a flap. I stamped the piggies in the mud on the background in versamark and then I colored the first part of the hogwash sentiment with a marker and stamped it and mounted it on the blue paper and put it on the front. Then for the inside, i cut another shape, but only half of it and glued around the edges to make a pocket. Then I added the gift card...(so noted by the way I wrote GIFT CARD on the paper I used for it) and inserted it into the "pocket" inside the flap. Then I colored the other part of the hogwash sentiment and added it to the inside above the pocket. For the ribbon, I sis the "Faux Bow" technique at the top, near the fold and here is my card! I hope that you will enjoy it and that you will play along with the challenge!Check out the blog with all of the details here! thanks for stopping by!













9 comments:

Deb said...

This is so COOL! I love the top-note twist you gave this, and the pocket!

dawnmercedes said...

awesome, awesome Idea!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!! This is a really sweet idea!! Love the different take on the flap card!! :)

Jennifer E. said...

Love how you created a gift card holder out of this! Great colors too!

gale said...

Cute card! Love the pocket-so neat. The colors look cool together!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful use of the top note die! I have mine on order...can't wait! That image is adorable, too!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Great design! I love how you did the ribbon on the front too :)

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous colours!!!! I love the topnote die you have used, I hope we get it SOON!

Tlbran said...

Too cute! What a great idea to use for a gift card! Love the colors.