Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Say it With Me, Girls... SHIMMERZ ROCKS!

You all know of my addiction to Shimmerz by now,
I hope... I mean... I LOVE IT! This is a background that I created for a card that was going NOWHERE!!! I cuttlebugged the background and then I sponged it to highlight the flowers. THEN... I took SHIMMERZ and BLINGZ and painted my flowers and my vines with it!!! HOW AWESOME DOES THIS LOOK!!! I knew right away that I needed this background for my failing card that I kinda put away because it was a lost cause... OR SO I THOUGHT! Look at the other photo to see how gorgeous this looks! I used my MS lace doily punch, my 'bug border and then some rhinestones to add a POP to the flowers. I LOVE that SHIMMERZ saved the day... and this card! The sentiment, "You are special to me" ... I dedicate to you, Love of my Life... My SHIMMERZ! Thanks for stopping by and remember if you can't shine... you can ALWAYS SHIMMER(z)!

8 comments:

Kim Ross said...

Oooh, beautiful! Great work, Dawn! :)

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card!!! What a great idea to add it to your background to make it pop! Love the lacey band you created. The colors are great and look so soft and really flatter the background you created! I am going to have to get some of that Shimmerz. It really finishes the card off well.

scubasubie said...

WOW that looks great!!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Oh, this came out really gorgeous! That background is so beautiful and it all came together so nicely!

gale said...

Wow that is amazing!! I love that look-I'll have to get me some shimmerz now. Thanks a lot. lol

The Mama Monkey said...

That backgroud is gorgeous! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Love what you did with the shimmerz here! I only have one shimmerz angel wings I think - I have more on the way chocolate or something brown. I am so happy to be seeing new ideas with them!

Elley said...

Wow, this turned out great. Before I seen the second picture I thought it was done already. You could use it that way too and just write in something to someone on the inside. But the final result is beautiful.

Hugs, Ellen