Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Precious Merry Christmas to Y'all!

I am a transplant to the south. I am a native New Yorker! I have lived in the south for 12 years and I STILL notice a few "precious" quirks. When something it totally adorable(think kittens,babies,puppies)... it is called "precious." "Y'all" is basically you and "all y'all" is a group. When something tragic happens ... the statement is followed by " bless her heart", ie: "She has to buy her dresses at Tent City, bless her heart." I think it is a southern way to ward off bad juju. ANYWAY... onto my "precious"card.

This is a Magnolia stamp and I used Fabercastell colored pencils and Gamsol. The prisma colored pencils drive me crazy because the lead breaks all the time and they are the DEVIL to sharpen. Then I colored the letters with a glitter pen, punched the snowflakes with my Martha punch.... used the scallop edge punch, added ribbon,gel pen dots and here she is! I hope that "all y'all" think she is just "precious" and that all of your cards come out lovely. Not like my friend Tilly's cards... "bless her heart!"

7 comments:

Leah said...

Very cute card! Love the coloring:) Sorry you are having such trouble with the Prisma's. I have them and really love them...what kind of sharpener are you using? I got the Panasonic KP-410 electric sharpener and it does a marvelous job at sharpening without breaking. I found it at Office Max. Maybe that would help you too:)

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is the sweetest little Christmas card- I love her! Such a cute stamp :)
I'm originally from NY too~ now in MA, not as much of a change as going down south though.

thescrapmaster said...

That is such a cute card. I love those little snowflakes and your coloring is awesome!

~Samantha

The Mama Monkey said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors!

I agree with you on Prismas. Someone told me the lead can break because the box was dropped and the lead is fragile. They recommended microwaving the pencil to melt the wax a touch then putting the broken lead in place. I have yet to try this, but when I do I will let you know. :)

Anonymous said...

This is so precious! TFS!! Happy Holidays!!

gale said...

Aww how cute! Love the soft colors.

Melissa said...

Isn't she precious? LOL! Lovely card!