Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Polyshrink Suspension Card...


That title sounds so technical... but it could aslo be called a Shrinky Dink Hangy Downy card,also... but since not everyone speaks "Dawn-ese"... I went for the technical! I stamped the snowman (number H858) from DRS Designs on white polyshrink plastic with Stazon Ink. That is the best ink that I know of for this type of plastic because it resists smudging and well... it STAYS ON... and right where you put it! Then I colored them in with copic markers, cut them out and punched a hole so that I could hang this little guy up. I used the new easy snowflake background from DRS Designs (number H015) onto the blue cardstock for some zip and added the sponging for depth around the edges.
I layered the card stock, punched the holes, hung up my snowmen and layered MORE cardstock. Then I stamped the sentiment from DRS Designs ( Number H858) with versamark and embossed it with frosty glittery EP. I added some glittery dots around the edges and in the corners and here it is! I started out with a WHOLE DIFFERENT idea for today's post using this stamp... and this is what evolved... and I LOVE it! I hope you will too! Check out the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com and see what you can come up with. Thanks for looking and keep in mind, there are no mistakes... only HAPPY ACCIDENTS!!!

10 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Dawn, this is fabulous!!!! I love your shrinky dink hangy down snowmen!!! Very inspirational!
Blessings,Maria

Nancy said...

Awesome, Dawn...you have way more patience than me! Good job!

Nancy

Ann said...

I've never tried one of these, but yours turned out great! Those snowmen are adorable!

Card Creations said...

This is a great card. Shrinky dinks...I would have never of thought to use for a suspension card!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute. I love the little snowmen and the snowflakes.

Heather

fishlips said...

This is so so darling, Love the snowmen and the snowflakes...Simply wonderful!!!!

Melzie said...

Great card- super fun!!

thescrapmaster said...

Wow I missed this one too! HOW BEAUTIFUL! I love the snowmen on the snowflakes. Very pretty card.

~Samantha

Tlbran said...

What a clever card! I love the little snowman and all the little "extra" touches you used.

Jennifer E. said...

I love these little guys! I've never played with Polyshrink, but think I need too! Great job making your own embellishments!