Friday, September 26, 2008

Cheers to Friday!


This card is pretty straight forward. I cut squares and mounted them on green cardstock to accent the patterned paper. I stamped the images on them and colored them with copics. For texture and fun , I added crystal effects in the drink part of the image. I highlighted the straw,the stirrers, the umbrella and the bubbles in the champagne with glitter pens. I used my cuttlebug to cut out the ribbon slide and punched out the circle. I used a marker to ink the word "cheers" and put that in the circle.
This was a really simple card that was quick and fun to make. I love the look of the crystal effects... it makes the drinks look shiny and wet...REFRESHING!!! And as for the glitter... well... what can I say??? That is the best part! Thanks for looking and may your champagne ALWAYS be bubbly!

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Cheers!! Isnt' this a great set?? I've enjoyed playing with mine lately too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is adorable and so clever! Very fun card.

carabecca said...

Great work! I love this layout, reminds my of windows.

specialcraftmom4 said...

FUN card! I just love the colors and the DP (:

Angie Williams said...

Oh, this is really cute! Is this an SU! set?

Holly's Hobbies said...

I agree...cheers to Friday...cute card! Found you on SCS

Cris A said...

Great card!! I just love this set!