Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shade or Lantern...


I found this idea and knew I had to try it! I used Pretty Peony, French Script and Canvas from SU. I stamped the image and then I ran it through the crimper. I then laid it face down on a dark ink pad so the crimps would be highlighted. I thought it looked like a Chinese lantern or a window shade! So quick and easy and i LOVE the overall look of the card! I am starting to notice that all of my cards are starting to look a little bit the same to me! I seem to love the Burgundy and Brown combo with a hint of green... So I am going to break away from this and see what i can come up with... It is hard to change when you find something that is working so well! I love the richness that color combo gives... It feels warm to me! Have a great day today and a more colorful one tomorrow... I know I am planning on it!

9 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

This looks great! That technique worked perfectly for the flower! Gorgeous!

Angel said...

this does look very warm and homey feeling! so pretty!

Elizabeth said...

Oooooh, really cool technique you discovered! Looks awesome! I will have to try it sometime.

*Sally* said...

I seem to be visiting all the blogs I can find on the SCS forum whether its my turn or not! Its been so much fun and my evening has zipped by with everyones wonderful creativity!
I love this - especially the crimping, I love the stitching and stamping card too! And of course the animals - posted a message there x
Great Blog!
Sally x

Michelle said...

Very pretty ~~ gosh, I haven't used my crimper for anything for quite a while ~~ this is a great idea!!

Stacey Schafer said...

really nice cards on your blog! glad I found you! tfs!

Cris A said...

Very pretty technique!!

Soguesswhat11 said...

it's been a while since I have done this technique, but this card is a great reason to resurrect it! Great job!

Loreen said...

This card looks awesome! I need to try that technique =)