Thursday, August 21, 2008

POLYSHRINK... Where have you been all my life???


ok... not ALL my life...I did use it when I was uhhh...younger...but forgot about it and NEVER did I think I would use it on cards... was I WRONG! I got a new stamp from DRS Designs, this cute little snowflake ribbon slide, and remembered one of the other talented design team members had used it on her card and a light went off. Where was that stuff??? Well, I dug it out, stamped the snowflake ribbon slide with white stazon and cut it out of the plastic. I used a horizontal punch to make the slide holes... DON'T forget the holes! Then I got the heat gun and got TOTALLY freaked out when it started to shrink... but lo and behold, it came out perfect... so I made a few more. I strung them on some silver cord and added them to the front of the card. I embossed shiny cardstock with snowflakes and sponged ink on the snowflakes so they would show up. I also stamped the snowflake ribbon slide on some paper, cut the holes and added some ribbon. So there you have it... I hope you like this card... it was really fun to create!

5 comments:

Jess said...

holy cow, this is gorgeous! I will have to use that CB folder with shimmery paper, is is great, and I LOVE the ribbon slides! So fantastic

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!!!

Dragana Skoro said...

I love this card. Everything about it. Can't stop looking at it.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! I've never used that polyshrink stuff but it looks and sounds like lots of fun!oz

Loreen said...

Isnt this the coolest supply?
The possibilities are endless with this stuff! You can also use them to make the cutest inchies =)